. If you need to use the Center at a specific time, or need assistance with your project, contact Michael Dreimiller
or Lyndsay Bratton
The DSCC provides faculty with high-end technologies and support to create and edit digital course materials and projects in teaching and research. Michael Dreimiller can provide classroom training in the Advanced Technology Lab (ATL)日本一本道a不卡免费 on the lower level of Shain Library for courses that will be using iMovie or Garageband for course projects. Please contact him before the semester starts to schedule the training and to confirm the availability of the ATL.
The DSCC has expanded its scope to include , including organizing, advising, and documenting digital research projects by faculty and students. Assistant Director for Digital Scholarship Lyndsay Bratton is leading efforts in this area. You can view our online digital scholarship projects . We hosted our first in 2018.
The DSCC staff, along with the rest of the Research Support and Curricular Technology team, support the Diane Y. Williams '59 Visualization Wall, the Kaltura video hosting platform, and the evaluation and use of podcasting, screencasting, wikis, blogs and other emerging technologies to supplement Moodle, the college's learning management system.
Instruction and support on the use of the equipment and technology in the DSCC is provided as needed throughout production. Faculty, academic departments, or student employees working for faculty can be trained and supported in the use of the DSCC facilities. A part-time DSCC student assistant is available to work on digitization projects for faculty during the academic year.
The following services are provided by the DSCC:
- Epson Expression 10000 XL flatbed (11”x17”)
- Epson Perfection V850 Pro flatbed (8.5”x14”)
- Epson ES-400 autofeed (8.5”x11”)
- Plustek OptiBook 4800 book scanner
Film & Slide Scanners
- Epson Perfection V850 Pro (35mm film, 35mm slides, and some larger film formats)
- Nikon Coolscan V ED (35mm film, 35mm slides)
- Film light table
日本一本道a不卡免费 video can only be digitized if it is from the Shain Library collection and only if it is to be uploaded to the Kaltura video hosting service in Moodle for use in a specific course.
- Region 2 DVDs supported
- DVD burners available
- VHS tapes
- PAL and SECAM formatted tapes supported
- Blu-ray discs
- Laser Discs
- Digital8 cassettes
- DV cassettes
- MiniDV cassettes
- Editing software
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Compressor
- Apple Motion
- Apple iMovie
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Screen Capture software
- Apple QuickTime X
- TechSmith Camtasia
- Telestream Screenflow
- Handbrake (video transcoder)
- Roxio Toast Titanium Pro 17 (disc buring)
audio interface, can be used to digitize copyright-free audio content for any use, including burning it to CD. audio from the Shain Library collection can be digitized only if it is to be uploaded to the Kaltura video hosting service in Moodle for use in a specific course.
- Vinyl LPs, EPs, and 45rpms
- Audio cassettes
- DAT cartridges
- Reel-to-reel tapes
- Digital Audio Workstaton (DAW) software
- Apple Logic X
- Avid ProTools
- Adobe Audition
- Ableton Live Suite
- Audio plug-ins
- Apple MainStage
- Scorewriting software
- Avid Sibelius Ultimate
- Neuratron AudioScore Ultimate
- Neuratron PhotoScore and NotateMe Ultimate
We are putting together a dedicated podcasting/audio recording space that we hope to have completed by the end of Summer 2019.
日本一本道a不卡免费We have 5 computer workstations in the DSCC. The two Mac Pros are connected to the video equipment rack, one iMac is connected to the audio equipment rack and an Epson Perfection V850 Pro flatbed document/film scanner, and two iMacs that run Windows 10 are connected to our large flatbed scanner, document feed scanner, book scanner, and a Nikon film scanner. All have the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud software, Microsoft Office, as well as other applications for the devices connected to them.
- Mac Pro 2013 (2) w/27” 4k displays running MacOS X 10.12 High Sierra (video workstations)
- iMac 5k 27” running MacOS X 10.12 High Sierra (audio/scanning workstation)
- iMac 5k 27” (2) running Windows 10 (scanning workstations
日本一本道a不卡免费In addition to the scanning, video, and audio applications listed in the above sections, the following software is also available on the DSCC computer workstations.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- ArcGIS (mapping and geographic analysis - Windows-only)
- Atlas.TI (statiscial - Windows only)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint - MS Acces Windows-Only)
- Apple iWork (Keynote, Numbers, Pages - Mac-only)
- STATA (statistical - Mac only)
- WordPerfect (Windows-only)
Our large-format color printer can be used for small quantity printing. Large quantity printing should be done either using the campus Multifunction Device (MFD) printers or through the Print Shop.
- HP Color LaserJet CP5225dn
- 8.5”x11” and 11”x17”
- Maximum of 10 printed pages/day
The DSCC is equipped with a mobile Polycom HDX 7000 videoconferencing unit with a 47" LCD display which can be used in any room in Shain Library. Use of this system requires a compatible system on the other end of the videoconference. If you wish to reserve this unit please contact Michael Dreimiller at least 10 working days in advance to allow time for configuration and testing. (Note: Similar videoconferencing systems are available in Olin 107 (Polycom HDX 8000) and the Marjorie Dilley Room/Shain 316 (Cisco SX80) for courses with remote students and they are also available for other uses when the room is unscheduled. )
Premium account and equipment that is used to stream Commencement, events in Evans Hall and Harkness Chapel, and other campus events that are viewable by anyone off-campus. We also have video encoding equipment for campus events that are intended for viewing only by the campus community (i.e. not streamed via Livestream.com). If you are interested in using this equipment contact Michael Dreimiller for more information. You will have to provide someone to operate the equipment during your event.
- video encoder
- Streams to LiveStream.com as well as simulcasting to Facebook or other 3rd party video hosting services
- For streaming to Livestream.com
- (video switching controller)
- Cube 255 HDMI video encoder/decoder
- Can be used to stream directly to computers on campus
- Supports most video hosting sites but the college's LiveStream.com account doesn't support it
Recording Campus Events
If you have a campus event that you would like to record you should check with Media Services first to see if they have equipment that you can use since they will most likely already be supporting your event. If nothing is available from Media Services日本一本道a不卡免费 then DSCC equipment may be borrowed if it is available. You will have to provide someone to operate the equipment during your event.